The mission of the Bryan Area Foundation is to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of our area now and for generations to come by building community endowment, addressing needs through grant making, and serving as a leader, catalyst and resource for charitable giving.
To further this mission, the Bryan Area Foundation will…
- Honor the spirit and intent of each donor’s gift
- Meet emerging community needs through effective, visionary and responsible grant-making
- Assist donors by serving as a permanent resource for receiving and administering charitable gifts
- Perform as a responsible and prudent manager of the assets entrusted to our care
- Exercise leadership and promote partnerships that build better communities and enhance the quality of life
- Develop, promote and encourage philanthropy
The Bryan Area Foundation and its affiliate Foundations in Edon, Montpelier, and West Unity exist to enhance the quality of life of our communities. Northwest Ohio has a proud heritage of giving back, and community philanthropy is at the heart of what makes our cities, towns and villages a great place to live, work and raise families.
Through the Foundation, generous donors have invested over $10.1 million in their communities in parks, senior centers, sports facilities and arts organizations – just to name a few.
The Foundation has also played an important role in educating not only the future leaders of our community but also the future leaders of our state and even our nation in areas such as business, science, education and the arts by giving over $3.3 million in scholarships to students seeking higher education.